Most Americans will pay into the Medicare system, but not everyone knows, or for that matter, understands what benefits they will become eligible for when they turn 65. If you’re looking to learn more about this government healthcare program, sign up for our Library program, Taking the Confusion Out of Medicare, Thursday, Sept. 10 at 7:00 p.m.
Here’s just a brief list of what will be included:
- What ‘qualifying for Medicare’ really means.
- When to sign up.
- Premium costs.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses you should know about.
- Explaining supplemental coverage.
- How to pick, and change, your Part D plan.
- Medical services not covered under Medicare.
- Where to sign up for Medicare.
- Where to get help if you need it.
While we will delve deeper into each of these during our program, you can also find more information on Medicare enrollment in this AARP article.