Many adults rediscover the public library when they become parents. Visiting the library quickly becomes part of their new routine, and they find that it offers much more than they remember from their own childhood, including: lapsit storytimes and family programs, a comfortable play area, a space to gather with other parents and children, and of course, access to books, magazines, movies, music, and online resources.
In order to better welcome these newcomers, as well as our youngest patrons, we’re proud to announce that the Friends of the Deerfield Public Library have sponsored a special space designed just for little ones and their grownups. The Baby Garden is a fully-enclosed, cozy play area for infants and early walkers, with:
- A cushioned floor
- Developmentally appropriate toys that are regularly cleaned
- A selection of Board Books
- Engaging images, a mirror, and peek-through windows to the outside
- Hanging mobiles, so that even infants on their backs have something to engage them
The Baby Garden is an ideal gathering space for caregivers of little ones, and has special features for grownups, too:
- A cushioned bench for adult comfort
- Close proximity to the Board Book, Concept Book, and Parenting collections
- A natural light-filled space with a view to the outside
It is our hope that the Baby Garden will become a gathering place for caregivers and little ones, while providing them with a welcoming, stimulating, and safe space to play when they visit the Library.
Please join us and the Friends of the Deerfield Public Library for the Baby Garden Ribbon Cutting on Wednesday, May 10, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.