The Friends are raising $15,000 to fund a new Baby Garden to be built in Youth Services. It will provide a fully enclosed, clean space for non-walkers to play. The surrounding cushioned benches offer a spot off the floor for caregiving adults to sit. In addition, the inside of the benches feature interactive, age-appropriate panels for babies to play with.
By becoming a Member of the Friends you will help fund this project. Membership forms can be found by clicking on the link listed below under “Join the Friends.” The money we raise from the Used Book Corner will also help fund the project. Thanks for your support!
About the Friends
Friends of the Deerfield Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-for-profit organization, dedicated to enriching the Library’s materials, services and programs for the members of the community. Our Mission Is:
- To encourage the community to have an increased understanding and appreciation for the materials and services from the Library.
- To supplement Library services, programs and materials in accordance with the Library’s policies and needs.
- To provide volunteering, fundraising and advocacy to the Library.
Join the Friends:
This is an opportunity for the members of the community to personally support the Library. Your annual membership contribution will help the Friends provide materials, services and programs to better serve you and your family. Please print out an application form or sign up online by using the donate button below. The Friends have been able to fund the following items from membership dollars and used book donations:
- 4 panels of art titled “Prairie Plants” – Located in stairwell by Youth Services
- 2 wood octagon display tables in Youth Services
- Outdoor book and media drop boxes
- 2015 collection of BBC DVDs
- Laptop computers, iPads, Nabi tablets
- 2015 programs – Let’s Celebrate “Pi” Day with Pie and Ten Secrets to Getting Your Book Published
- Self-Checkout Station
- Outdoor bench by front door
- Prizes for 2015 Library programs
- 2015 train table and Lego Duplo table in Preschool Pavilion
|$15 – $29 Good Friend
$30 – $49 Family Friend
$50 – $99 Dear Friend
$100 – $249 Best Friend
$250 – $499 Loyal Friend
$500 + Partner
Used Book Corner:
Used books are always available during regular library business hours. Book genres include: fiction, cookbooks, children’s, self-help, biographies, history, business, home improvement, hobbies, animae & graphic novels, poetry, humor, art, CD’s, DVD’s, audio books, etc. Books are replenished weekly by volunteers. Suggested donation:
- Hardbacks, CD’s, DVD’s, Audio books – $2
- Paperbacks – $1
Used Book Donations:
Gently-used adult and children’s books (hardbacks & paperbacks) are always needed to replenish the shelves. This is a great way to recycle books that have already been read. (NO encyclopedias, textbooks, magazines, VHS, Cassette tapes, or books that have been damaged or written in.) Thank you.
Deerfield Road Train Station:
Complementary used paperback books are available at the station for commuters to read while traveling on the trains. Each week a volunteer replenishes the adult and children’s paperback books.
The Friends welcome volunteers from the community to help sort and shelve book donations. Any amount of time and help is appreciated. Contact the Friends for more information at 847-945-3311 ext. 8895 or email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us at one of our upcoming meetings during 2017: Jan. 23, March 27, May 22, July 24, Sept. 25, Nov. 13. Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m., 1st floor Library meeting room.