Current Open Positions
Job title: Patron Services Assistant
Position type: Part-time, 12-15 hours/week
Starting pay: $15.54/hour
You make the patron’s experience at the Library by enthusiastically greeting people and welcoming them into our Library.
- You enjoy people and provide warm and friendly service both in person and on the phone.
- You provide an outstanding library experience to everyone by assisting them with self-checkout, library card registration or help them with their account.
- You are more than comfortable with computers and technology; you can help our Library users with their basic computer needs as well as anticipate the use of programs or apps that may be better suited for them, starting with: email, answering Microsoft product questions, and navigating the Internet as well as helping with printing, faxing, scanning, and copying.
- You are extremely responsible and reliable; you coordinate the opening and closing of the Library. When we open our doors, you are ready and the Library is neat, organized, and ready for the day.
- You recommend the promotions, programs, and services available at the Library.
- You are scrupulously careful handling cash transactions for our patrons.
- You do the right thing; other tasks may be required to ensure excellent service to our community.
- See the full job description here.
- High school degree, some college preferred
- Experience in a library circulation department a plus.
- Computer literacy with current MS Office and Google apps proficiency. Mac experience a plus.
- Accurate cash handling skills
- Your schedule will include evenings, Saturdays, and some Sundays.
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our Library: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Deadline: Position open until filled
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Patron Services Manager