Current Open Positions
Digital Communications Coordinator
Application Deadline: October 9, 2017
Starting Salary: $40,000 + DOQ
Position Type: Full Time Non Exempt / 37.5 hours per week
Are you a creative and tech-savvy individual with great skills and strategic vision to match? Are you eager to help direct the Deerfield Public Library towards successful new digital communications initiatives?
This position will guide us in providing a clear and consistent message to the community by creating and managing content for our various digital channels. The Digital Communications Coordinator will play a vital role in defining our voice and how that voice is presented to patrons by designing creative materials, coordinating social media campaigns, utilizing and updating the library website, implementing digital marketing campaigns, and guiding us towards new and emerging technologies.
Essential skills include:
– Strong writing and editing skills
– Familiar with WordPress or basic web programming HTML/CSS
– Multimedia production and/or graphic design experience
– Extensive experience with social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
Submit cover letter and resume to Tom Owen, Head of Information Technology. No phone calls please.
Job title: Patron Services Assistant
Position type: Part-time, 12-15 hours/week
Hours: Afternoon and evening shifts required; includes Fridays and Saturdays
Starting pay: $16.17/hour
You make the patron’s experience at the library by enthusiastically greeting people and welcoming them into our library. You go out of your way to make sure everyone leaves with a smile on their face.
Success in this position requires:
- High school degree, some college preferred
- Two years experience working in a library, retail, and/or hospitality setting is strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency including MS Office, Google for Work; Mac experience a plus
- Accurate cash handling skills
- A friendly personality
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate professionally in person and on the phone
- Flexibility in work hours which include Fridays, Saturdays, and occasional Sundays
Our Performance Expectations:
- Enters patron records in the Library database, doublechecks for accuracy
- Assists patrons checking books out and in, renewing material, providing direction, using computers, and collecting fines and fees
- Answers phones in a professional, friendly manner
- Answers patron’s questions or gets help when needed
- Treats customers and coworkers with courtesy and respect
- Enthusiastically describes and explains the Library’s collections, online resources, and programs
- Responds positively to direction and requests for assistance from coworkers and managers
- Confidently uses technology, including: computers, tablets, smartphones, copiers, printers, scanners, self-check terminals, automated material handler, equipment acquired by the Library
- Patiently explains basic computer skills and new media formats to users
- Accurately handles cash
- Finds ways to keep busy and stay productive during slow times
- Attends training as scheduled and required
- Enjoy working with the public
- Are approachable, patient, and helpful
- Are self-motivated and enjoy learning
- Are passionate about all that libraries have to offer
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our Library: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Patron Services Manager
No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted after September 25.
Job title: Library Aide
We are seeking a friendly, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented individual that has a passion for organization. If you are always on the move, and strive for accuracy with positive energy, come join our team!
Requirements include the ability to sort and shelve materials alphabetically and using the Dewey Decimal System, and the ability to work independently. Must have the technical skills to accurately update our database, work with and troubleshoot the automated material handling system, utilize the Digital Library Assistant (scanner), and process data using the database. Requires the full range of body motion, including standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching, walking for extended periods, and the ability to push or pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds. This is a year round position.
Salary: $ 12.77 per hour
Hours: 15 per week
Days: Some evening and weekend hours will be required each month
Tuesdays, 9 am to 2 pm
Thursdays, 9 am to 2 pm
Fridays, 9 am to 2 pm
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Sayaka Suzuki, Patron Services Assistant Manager
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled