Read Without Boundaries is a new year-long adult reading program that will challenge participants to test their limits and read outside their comfort zone.
Here’s How it Works:
- Sign-up starts on November 15th! Participants will receive a registration prize, while supplies last.
- Starting in January, a different reading theme will be announced each month to encourage readers to try new authors, genres, and topics.
- Suggested reading lists for each monthly theme will be provided or you can choose your own title as long as it relates to the monthly theme.
- Go to the Adult Services desk and sign up for the challenge. Sign up is also available online at Beanstack -the Library’s online reading program log.
- When each monthly challenge is complete, turn in the completed entry form to the Adult Services desk for a completion prize (while supplies last)
or go online to Beanstack and complete the information for that month. You will have to stop at the Adult Services desk to pick up your completion prize.
Extra print forms are available at the Adult Services desk.
- Complete all 12 months of the program and your name will be automatically entered into the grand prize drawing!
Frequently Asked Questions:
–What if I start the program after January?
No problem. Extra entry forms will be available at the Adult Services desk or online at Beanstack for every month that has been announced.
–Where can I find books to read for each of the specific themes?
A bookmark with suggested reading titles and programs will be provided for each of the monthly themes. These will be available at the Adult Services desk or you can view online through Beanstack. You can also ask our friendly Adult Services staff for additional reading suggestions. Materials from all reading levels are eligible for submission.
– What if I lose my entry form?
Stop at the Adult Services desk and pick up another form, print one out below, or log online on Beanstack.
-What do I do when I’m done meeting the monthly challenge?
Each month, fill out the entry form on the back of the bookmark for that month’s challenge and return to the Adult Services desk for a completion prize (while supplies last). Online users can go to Beanstack and complete the challenge information for that month, however, you will have to stop at the Adult Services desk to pick up your completion prize.
-What happens when I’ve completed the challenge for the entire year?
Make sure that all twelve entry forms have been turned into the Adult Services desk, or completed online, by the specified date.Your name will then be automatically entered into a drawing for the grand prize.
Visit the Adult Services desk to sign up and receive a registration bonus!
You can also sign up online here: https://deerfieldlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
Watch the quick video below to find out how to sign-up and log your progress online.
Log Your Progress:
- You can log your progress online with Beanstack, or you can use our printed entry forms.
- You can pick up entry forms at our Adult Services Desk, or print them out below. Each entry form includes a list of reading suggestions and programs that might interest you.
Printable Entry Forms and Book Lists:
January: Read a book by an immigrant or with an immigration story
February: Read a book with a theme of love, kindness, empathy or compassion or check out a Blind Date With a Book.
March: Read a book by an author of color.
April: Read a book of poetry.