Summer Reading Program 2017
Saturday, June 10 – Sunday, August 6
Build, design, create, make, and read this summer at the Library! Kids, Teens, and Adults can all join in the fun by participating in our Summer Reading Program, Reading by Design, which kicks off on Saturday, June 10 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Check out all the details for each age group below.
This summer we will also have lots of great programs related to the Reading by Design theme. Be sure to visit our event calendar to check out all of our exciting activities all summer long!
Children Birth – Fifth (5th) Grade can participate.
- The first 400 children (Kindergarten – 5th Grade) to register at the Library for Reading by Design will receive a t-shirt. Children (birth to pre-K) will receive a beach ball.
- Submit completed reading log by Sunday, August 6 for prizes.
- Children who finish the reading program after it officially ends on Sunday, August 6 will receive a paperback book of their choice, along with whatever other prizes are still available.
Click here to register online for our Youth Summer Reading Program or to update your reading log if you’re already registered.
Teens Grades 6-12 can participate.
- Reading a book, watching a movie, listening to music, or attending a Teen program all counts toward your summer reading log.
- Register online or in the Teen Space any time this summer (starting Saturday, June 10) to get in gear. Sign up in-person at the Library to receive a fun giveaway, while supplies last.
- Log your progress online or in the Teen Summer Reading Packet, available in the Teen Space. For a chance to win prizes from weekly raffle drawings, complete activities from the summer reading packet and submit the tickets online or in the raffle box in the Teen Space.
- Submit your completed log online or in-person by Sunday, August 6 for a chance to win a grand prize.
Adults need to take time to read, too!
- Participants who read, watch, or listen to five adult Library titles this summer will be eligible to win one of three gift baskets.
- Attendance at any Adult program or class can count as one of your five titles.
- Stop by the Adult Services or Media desk (or at the sign-up table in the Lobby on Kick-Off Day) to pick up a registration form and a free adult coloring book and colored pencils (while supplies last). Forms will be available starting Saturday, June 10.
- Submit completed reading log by Sunday, August 6 for a chance to win one of the gift baskets.
*Please Note: Online registration is available starting Saturday, June 10 at 9:00 a.m., but is NOT eligible for sign-up giveaways, which are only available when you sign up in-person at the Library, while supplies last. If you register online, you CAN still earn prizes when you complete your reading/activity log by Sunday, August 6.