Submissions accepted throughout the month of October.
What if Hermione and Katniss got lost in the woods? What if Batman and Ms. Marvel were trapped in a haunted library? Unleash your story this Teen Read Week and submit your own original story featuring your favorite characters. Keep it PG, please!
- 3,000 word limit. One submission per participant.
- Stories must have a library or book theme tied into them.
- Entries can be submitted in-person at the Youth Services desk or by emailing Nina, the teen librarian, at email@example.com.
In addition to a gift card, winners will also have their story professionally bound. Download the contest flyer here.
Upcoming Teen Programs
Latest Blog Posts
New Teen Books
Teen Advisory Board
Interested in joining the Library’s TAB (Teen Advisory Board)?
Earn volunteer hours and help come up with ideas for the Teen Space!
As a Teen Advisory Board member you:
- Talk about books, audiobooks, magazines, video games, movies, and music with other members.
- Come up with programming ideas for Teens at the Library.
- Help create content for the Library’s Teen website and blog.
- Help out with Teen programs at the Library.
- Give your input and ideas for the new Teen Space.
- Brainstorm ideas for advertising Teen Services at the Library.
Meetings are held every 2nd Tuesday of the month throughout the school year, from 5-6 p.m. Join the Teen Librarian at 5 p.m. in the Library to talk about programming, website ideas, and more!
- Tuesday, September 12, 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 10, 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 14, 5:00 p.m.
For questions or more information click here to email the Teen Services Librarian.