Have you been into the library lately and seen the bingo cards sitting at the Adult Services desk or the self-checkout stations? Those are the cards for our new adult winter reading program called Cozy Blanket Bingo! This fun new game started December 1st and runs until February 28th. If you haven’t picked one up yet, there is plenty of time to get in the game! Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Adult Services desk and pick up a bingo card. The cards are also available by the self-checkout stations and in the Youth department.
- Each square on the bingo card has a different goal (Read a mystery, read a book set in Illinois, read the first book in a series, etc)
- When you read a book corresponding to a square, write the title in the square.
- You must have read the book during the December 1st– February 28th timeframe!
- For each square completed, bring the card to the Adult Services desk and we will stamp your squares. You can have a bunch of squares stamped at once or come get a stamp for one at a time!
- You may only use a book for one square. For example, if you read The Great Gatsby, you can use that for “A book that is more than 10 years old” OR “A book that became a movie” OR “A book you should have read in school” but NOT for all of them.
- BINGO! can be accomplished by going vertically, horizontally, diagonally, or with the 4 corners
- Each BINGO! you complete will earn you an entry in the drawing for a prize.
- The more BINGO!’s completed, the more chances to win!
- Prize drawings will begin January 2nd and will be held weekly.
- The Grand Prize drawing will be held after the program ends on February 28th
This is a great way to read books that you might have had on your to-read list for ages or simply to read something new. Don’t be intimidated by the amount of squares on the card—there are lots of options that will be faster than you think (graphic novels are super quick reads!) and you have plenty of time. Also, don’t forget to check out the Cozy Blanket Bingo display in the Adult Services department for suggestions.
Hurry into the library and grab a Cozy Blanket Bingo card! Get in the game!