Below are the most accurate, up-to-date resources for information about COVID-19.
If you have traveled to affected geographic areas in the past two weeks or may have been exposed to someone who may have COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider so they can make arrangements for you to be assessed or contact the Illinois Public Health Department COVID hotline at 1-800-899-3931.
If you are ill or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, the Library asks that you postpone your visit to the library until you are well. If you have materials that are due, please contact the library and we will work with you to extend the due dates or waive fines if necessary.
The Deerfield Public Library wants to keep you informed of steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We are continually monitoring news of COVID-19 locally and are prepared to modify services and programs as needed. As of March 12, 2020, all programs are canceled through March 31, 2020. This is done out of an abundance of caution.
- We have removed high touch items from our collection. This includes toys in the Youth Services area, as well as some items from our Library of Things collection. Safety for our community remains our top priority.
- Our Facilities Department and cleaning service are paying special attention to high touch surfaces and using appropriate cleaners.
- Hand sanitizers and wipes are available at all public service desks throughout the Library.
- Informational signage has been placed throughout the Library reminding people to practice respiratory and hand hygiene.
- We follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Lake County Department of Public Health, and/or other appropriate public health authorities.
Finally, we ask you to take steps to protect yourself and others:
- Stay home if you are sick. If you or a family member is not feeling well, you can download and stream thousands of books, movies, music and more from home for free with your library card. Visit www.deerfieldlibrary.org for more info.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw used tissues in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public space, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
We also invite you to check out the library’s many online resources. We have thousands of books, audiobooks, movies, and magazines available electronically, as well as a number of databases that can assist you with any research project. Please contact the library for more information.