We are fortunate to have a wide variety of early childhood resources in Deerfield and the surrounding areas. In support of the Village of Deerfield’s new Rapid Response Network, the Library’s website also has a new webpage full of information for families with young children. This page contains an alphabetical list of early childhood organizations (inclusion in the list does not indicate endorsement by the Library), with helpful contact information and website links.
In addition to the area early childhood organizations, this new webpage also highlights the resources available here at the Library.
- We have an extensive picture book and Early Reader collection, as well as storytimes for babies to preschoolers.
- Our monthly craft activities are always very popular; supplies are available outside on our Grab & Go clothesline, weather permitting, or inside the library during browsing hours. Be sure to check our website for more information.
- If you’re looking for books to address almost any parenting issue, be sure to check out our Parent/Teacher Collection.
- Our Building Literacy blog series has posts to help parents of young children.
- Finally, our popular 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a great way to raise a reader!
These are just some of the many resources we have available for you and your young children at the Deerfield Public Library.