On September 15, Hispanic Heritage Month kicked off and will go until October 15. Are you looking for book suggestions or activities to do with your children? Well, look no further! We also have a display in the Youth Department at the library. Stop by and check it out!
- ¡Vamos!: Let’s Go Eat
- Across the Bay
- Carmela Full of Wishes
- Mango. Abuela, and Me
- Alma and How She Got Her Name
- Selena: Queen of Tejano music
- Mario and the Hole in the Sky: How a Chemist Saved Our Planet
- Planting Stories: The Life of Librarian and Storyteller Pura Belpré
- Galápagos Girl
- Harvesting Hope: The Story of Cesar Chavez
- My Name is Celia: The Life of Celia Cruz
- Cece Rios and the Desert of Souls
- Us, In Progress: Short Stories About Young Latinos
- On These Magic Shores
- Me, Frida, and the Secret of the Peacock Ring
- Efrén Divided
- The Total Eclipse of Nestor Lopez
- Merci Suárez Changes Gears
Other ways to celebrate:
- Have you ever played Lotería? It is similar to bingo and can be played for free online.
- Check out Nickelodeon’s song “Join the Celebración.”
- Check out KidTime Storytime’s read-aloud Youtube series.
- The author of the “¡Vamos!” and “El Toro and Friends” book series created two activity kits you can download and complete.