Want to get early literacy tips straight to your phone? Sign up for Text4Literacy, a new service the Deerfield Public Library now offers in partnership with the Bay Area Discovery Museum. You can get three text messages per week for nine weeks that are focused on helping your child develop age-appropriate skills.
These texts include research-based early literacy and STEAM content, created and sent by the Center for Childhood Creativity at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. They provide:
- Ideas for activities you can do with your child
- Tips on how you can explain various, complex topics
- Research to teach you about early childhood development
Signing up is easy! You don’t even need to have a Deerfield Public Library card. To start receiving texts
- Text REGISTER or REGISTERME to 847-861-7727. Then follow the prompts to customize your experience.
- You will receive three automated text messages per week and you can reply STOP at any time to stop receiving texts.
- The messages are research-based early literacy tips and ideas for children from birth to age 8. When you text the number in step 1, one of the prompts will allow you to choose your child’s age.
You can even register again after the nine weeks are over if you want more tips. Or stop by the Youth Services desk to get more early literacy tips and information.