Why should you become a Member of the Friends of the Deerfield Public Library? The Friends fund items and sponsor programs, that are not otherwise in the Library’s budget. Some examples are the 2018 Summer Reading Program prizes and the recently installed Baby Garden. Become a member and receive a voucher for 1 free book or 2 DVDs in our Used Book Corner at the library. You can print an application form by clicking on the link below under “Join the Friends.”
About the Friends
Friends of the Deerfield Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-for-profit organization, dedicated to enriching the Library’s materials, services, and programs for the members of the community. Our Mission Is:
- To encourage the community to have an increased understanding and appreciation for the materials and services from the Library.
- To supplement Library services, programs, and materials in accordance with the Library’s policies and needs.
- To provide volunteering, fundraising, and advocacy to the Library.
Join the Friends:
This is an opportunity for the members of the community to personally support the Library. Your annual membership contribution will help the Friends provide materials, services and programs to better serve you and your family. Please print out an application form or sign up online by using the donate button below. When paying for your membership by Paypal and you prefer not to have your name printed in any publication, please email the Friends at email@example.com. The Friends have been able to fund the following items from membership dollars and used book donations:
- Baby Garden – Located in the Preschool Pavilion
- 4 panels of art titled “Prairie Plants” – Located in the stairwell by Youth Services
- 2 wood octagon display tables in Youth Services
- Outdoor book and media drop boxes
- Collection of BBC DVDs
- Laptop computers, iPads, Nabi tablets
- Self-Checkout Station
- Outdoor bench by the front door
- Prizes for Library Reading Programs
- Train table and Lego Duplo table in Preschool Pavilion
|$15 – $29 Good Friend
$30 – $49 Family Friend
$50 – $99 Dear Friend
$100 – $249 Best Friend
$250 – $499 Loyal Friend
$500 + Partner
Used Book Corner:
Used books are always available during regular library business hours. Book genres include: fiction, cookbooks, children’s, self-help, biographies, history, business, home improvement, hobbies, animae & graphic novels, poetry, humor, art, CD’s, DVD’s, audiobooks, etc. Books are replenished weekly by volunteers. Suggested donation:
- Hardbacks, Audiobooks, Games – $2
- Paperbacks, DVD’s – $1
- CD’s – $.50
Used Book Donations:
Gently-used adult and children’s books (hardbacks & paperbacks) are always needed to replenish the shelves. This is a great way to recycle books that have already been read. (NO encyclopedias, textbooks, magazines, VHS, Cassette tapes, or books that have been damaged or written in.) Thank you.
Deerfield Road Train Station:
Complementary used paperback books are available at the station for commuters to read while traveling on the trains. Each week a volunteer replenishes the adult and children’s paperback books.
The Friends welcome volunteers from the community to help sort and shelve book donations. Any amount of time and help is appreciated. Contact the Friends for more information at 847-945-3311 ext. 8895 or email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us at one of our upcoming meetings during 2019: Jan. 28. Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m., 1st floor Library meeting room.