Here’s How it Works:
- Each month, we’ll travel to new time zones and read books and authors from those zones.
- Our first list, available January 2, will take place in zones -6 & -7 UTC (coordinated universal time) which includes parts of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- We’ll continue to travel west around the world throughout the year.
- Check out our lists of book recommendations for each month on this webpage or pick one up at the Adult Services Reference Desk.
- You can choose your own title, as long as it fits the time zone of the month.
- Register to receive updates about the program.
- Log your monthly progress, or turn your completed form in at the reference desk.
- There is no limit as to how many books you can read.
- Visit the reference desk for your passport, and have your passport stamped each month to mark your progress!
- Monthly prizes will go to those “most traveled.” One page read = one mile traveled!
Standard Time Zones of the World Map